This book was such a treat for me because I have not enjoyed the last several books I've read. This is the first book in some time where I found myself trying to figure out when I would next have time to read and wondering what would happen next. This book is a treat even if it is not being compared to some dogs. Some of the things I enjoyed:
- All three characters are wonderful (although I found Wilf frustrating because I desperately wanted to know what his clue was!) as were their drivers.
- The clues are repeated throughout the book so I didn't have to try to remember them all the way through.
- The bad guy is satisfyingly defeated in the end.
- The horrific school counselor - what a great secondary character!
- I have a passing knowledge of Chicago so I was able to figure out a couple of the riddles, but knowing the landmarks was not necessary to enjoy the book because of the pace and fun.